Thursday 28 April 2016

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

To create my production I needed to use technology in order to achieve the most professional outcome. These technologies have been simple to use and have given me the best results I could have asked for.

The first piece of technology was the Nikon camera we used to film our scene. It was easy to operate and gave a quality picture at the end, highlighting detail that some cameras would not pick up. Also there was the tripod we used when filming. This was very effective as it allowed us to keep the camera absolutely still and stopped the picture from shaking and gave a more professional look to the final product.

Next was the program used to help us edit. I used apple's ‘iMovie’ which I found very user friendly and gave a great idea as to how well filming went after we put all our clips together. It used a layering system which allowed you to place videos, pictures and sounds together on top of each other. It also allowed you to put in smooth transitions. For example a fade and cross dissolve effect to open the scene. This made the film flow better and made it easier for the viewer to follow the story line.


Finally, the last piece of technology I would make reference to was fireworks. This program allows you to make animated videos through drawing pictures onto a layer. Once you have multiple layers you can play them one after another to create an animation effect. I used this in my production to show what production company we were using (like, for instance, Universal, 21st century etc). I called it 'Road End Productions' to meet this convention of a thriller and it had an animated image next to it. This improved how professional the final product looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment