Thursday 28 April 2016

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Firstly, when filming the main task I felt that I needed to add more variety with the camera angles I chose. I discovered how the camera angles can be used as a method of representing a character and how much power they have on screen. Another improvement I feel I made when filming was the use of more camera movement, for example more 'pans'. Although I feel this helped set the scene, I feel more pans could give the audience a clearer picture of what the scene or the environment looked like for the opening scene. The final improvement I felt I made when moving to the main task was that I made sure that the characters were speaking clearly when filming. In my preliminary task some of the sound seemed distorted and it was unclear as to what they had said. However after saying this when filming the main task I felt the sound was clear and easy to understand.

Editing was also improved in the main task as I added more titles at the beginning in order to make the product look more professional. I feel this did do a good job and although I felt afterwords there should have been more, it did improve the quality. The last improvement to the editing would be that I could have added smoother transitions in order for the clips to flow and create a good sense of continuity.


Overall improvements that were made were that I did not want to over complicate the narrative and prioritised making it easier to follow. However saying this I felt another improvement that I made was showing details with the audience that would not be visible in the preliminary task. An example of this was explaining the plot so that the audience was not confused at all by my unfolding narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment