Tuesday 19 April 2016

Main Task - 3rd Draft

Here is my third draft for my thriller opening, the changes I have made are:

Stabilized shaky footage at 0:43
Added clip of killer spying on protagonist
Added clip of killer jumping out and grabbing protagonist so ending was not as sudden
Made the titles stay on the screen for longer
Added more titles to spread across the whole of the opening
Added knife slit sound effect on death scene

Here is the feedback I have recieved from this draft:

1) To take out the phrase "staring" at the beginning as  it is shown later, which I thought could be changed to "co-starring" when the other names appear (starring spelt wrong!). Remove the 3rd starring too.

2) The font for the titles does not appear to be the same throughout the opening - this needs to be consistent
3) I received a suggestion that the title of the film should be near the beginning and that the final black screen you had the "directed by" bit. This would then fit with the conventions of an opening sequence. I found a really helpful link on the internet: http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/the-duke-of-burgundy/ It was suggested that I replicate the order of the titles of this opening, then it would appear more professional  

No comments:

Post a Comment